Called to be a Light in the Rockfish Valley
Serving GOD with JOY and GENEROSITY
Mission: Members and friends of Rockfish Presbyterian Church actively participate
A. Promote mission awareness and outreach to others in Christ’s name as a
primary focus of the church.
B. Encourage active participation of our church members – as individuals or as
a group – in ministry to those outside the RPC family.
1. Prepare and administer an annual budget in consultation with the
Stewardship Ministry Team and with the approval of Session, and coordinate with
the church treasurers the periodic disbursement of funds to identified ministries.
2. Identify and research local, regional, and global ministries whose ministries
coincide with the mission of the Mission Ministry Team and RPC .
3. Educate the congregation regarding these identified ministries and promote
involvement with these ministries in whatever way possible.
4. Coordinate with the Christian Discipleship Ministry Team in efforts to educate
and involve children and youth in mission outreach on an age-appropriate level.
5. Publicize and promote annual denominational special offerings such as: Joy Gift
(Christmas), One Great Hour of Sharing (Easter), Peacemaking (World-wide
Communion), Pentecost, as well as the monthly Five-Cents-A-Meal and Emergency Relief
6. Promote and support ecumenical and community mission efforts.
7. Monitor mission efforts and consider new mission outreach efforts.
8. Make a monthly report to Session including written recommendations for action.
9. Recruit new members for the Mission Ministry Team as needed.
Chairperson: Bob Alpers